Position: MY SQL DBA
Experience: 5-10 years
You will be responsible for:-
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Required Technical Skills:-
- Proven 5 years working experience as a Database administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, PLSQL, SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages like Java
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
Required Soft Skill:-
- Have the ability to work in teams and take instruction from a variety of people.
- Polite and approachable manner when liaising with people both internally and externally.
- Show a willingness to listen and learn.
- Take initiative in self-development and career progression.
- Good communication skills.
- Be punctual and reliable & take ownership of assigned tasks, and take seriously the responsibility for delivering these tasks on time and to a high quality.
- Demonstrate an ability to alleviate pressure and stress through prioritizing work, time management, and sound organizational skills.
Interested candidate can drop their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org